Thursday 19 July 2012

Love At First Touch

Hi Everyone!
I'm a homemaker who got the baking bug after moving to Melbourne 4 years ago. Well, it's no secret that I've always like sweet food, especially cakes and pastries, hmm...I can never say no to them no matter how full I am. So baking and making yummy cakes for myself and my family (well, mainly for me ;) became a past time and hobby. Since then, each year, I personally baked the birthday cakes for both my sons and my husband. I stopped short of baking my own birthday cake. I would but they say it's my birthday, I should take a break.


Anyway, other than those special occasions where I'll make some effort to decorate my cakes, I never bothered to put icing or decorations on my cakes. Cakes were meant for eating right? But December last year, I caught sight of some really pretty fondant decorations done by "Magicyn" (from Singapore) for cupcakes. They made the cupcakes look so good and appealing. I wondered if they were difficult to make.


With the encouragement of "Magicyn" and a bit of tuition over Face Time, I began to try making my first fondant creations. There was a party coming up for Christmas and I decided to bring a set of Christmas themed cupcakes there.


Here's a glimpse of my very first attempt at cupcake decoration.




They were very amateur and I spent a lot of time but I had loads of fun. Like a little child playing with Playdoh, I created little models related to Christmas. From angels to snowman to Christmas stocking and Christmas trees. I only had 2 bottles of liquid food colouring then - red and blue, so the colours were not too vibrant. And I fumbled the most with the icing but luckily the little decorations kind of distracted the attention from my lousy skills at spreading icing. Upon completion, I felt a magical sense of achievement. I think I just found my latest hobby!


I created this blog to share photos of my cupcake and cake decoration projects under the brand name "D'Cupcakes of E". This is also for me a documentation of my growth and journey in baking as well as a showcase of what D'Cupcakes of E have to offer. Please enjoy the photos and I would like to hear from you if you like what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment