Friday 20 July 2012

Lightning McQueen CARS Cake

Seeing my enthusiasm in cake decorating, a friend asked me make a Cars theme birthday cake for her son Joshua's 5th birthday in January. That was technically my first order and I really thank this friend for her faith in me and for giving me the opportunity to practise my skills. 


I spent a considerable amount of time making the 3D Lightning McQueen car which I modelled after my son's toy Lightning McQueen. For the cake, I made a 2-tier mini-butter cake and covered it in fondant. That was my first attempt at fondant covered cake and it wasn't very smooth. The design also included 10 cupcakes which featured another two 3D cars, his name and two racing flags.


     
My friend was very impressed, the kids ate up McQueen and I got another order for her daughter's birthday in June - this time, Angry Birds theme! Thank you my friend for another chance to hone my skills further!

No comments:

Post a Comment