Monday 15 April 2013

Cut The Rope Cake

Oh dear, I feel that I'm getting more and more forgetful and disorganised. I can't remember my email password and I realised it's been 4 months since I've updated this blog, or any of my other blogs for that matter. A thousand apologies for being so slack. 

Alright, no more excuses. Today I'll share the story about the Cut The Rope cake. This is another cake inspired by electronic games, like the Angry Birds. This time it's Om Nom, that little candy swallowing green monster that is not frog nor dinosaur.

My friend's son was a fan of the game and so because of this cake, I had to educate myself about the game, even played a few rounds and consulted the experts (my children) on the finer details. The interesting thing about make cakes for people, I learn different things and gained a little knowledge each time.

For the inside of the cake, I suggested orange poppy seed cake with orange juice buttercream for a little something different. The flavour was very well-recieved although I learnt my lesson not to bake a deep cake all at one go. The cake took a long time to cook and I had to cut away a bit of burnt cake on the sides. 



Om Nom was replicated using fondant and the little elements of the game, like the spider, stars and candycane decorated the sides to complete the look!  

No comments:

Post a Comment