Monday 15 April 2013

Baby Nursery Baptism Cake

I've made quite a few birthday cakes but for baptism, this is my first. In fact, the ceremony and celebration of baptism was very new to me. I searched up the internet and found thousands of cakes to mark this special occasion. From there, I got an idea of what kinds of cakes were suitable for the event.

The Godmother of the baptized child ordered this cake and allowed me a free hand to design it. She only specified that she wants the words "God Bless" and the child's name on it. This was really cool and I decided to make a Baby Nursery cake after some research. The base cake was extremely tall and I added a baby bed as a second tier. 





Little baby toys and accessories made of fondant were done days ahead, including a teddy bear, blocks, a pacifier and baby bottle. I covered the sides of the cake with strips of pink and white fondant and glued Hello Kitty/My Melody cut-outs on it. For the top of the cake, I scattered dessicated coconut onto the icing to achieve the 'carpet' texture in a room. The 'bed' cake, covered in yellow fondant bedsheet and a pink fondant quilt, with the sleeping baby, was placed on top. The headboard was made with butter scotch cookies.

I'm hopeful God would be pleased with the results :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment