Tuesday 14 August 2012

Practise, Practise, Practise!

I realised that playing with sugar is much more fun than eating it! With the ingredients and tools that I've slowly accumulated from previous projects, I begin to make small creations here and there, playing with mixing colours and shapes. Practice, I needed as much of that as possible to finetune my skills. Only problem is what to do with the creations I made? Some ended up on cakes served over tea with friends while others were given away for friends' birthdays as cake toppers.


Spong "bob" cakes!
One of the first fondant car I made





"Joanne" cupcake topper





Button cakes



I learnt to make a basket to put in some of the many flowers I'd made. This went to Tiffany's cake.

I made Hoot & Hootabelle as a sample upon request by a customer who did not order them in the end. They were sold subsequently to someone in NSW.

Dora The Explorer cake topper for a little girl's 4th birthday.


Hello Kitty & My Melody cupcake toppers


Tried to recreate the hero of Dragon Ball Z "Goku" - my son's favourite comic series


An odd couple "Rabbit loves Pig" - still don't know what to do with it till now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment